HUSHconcerts is blooming and we are seeking skilled and passionate humans to help us fulfill our mission of creating exceptional experiences for our clients and community. HUSHconcerts is owned and operated by longtime San Francisco residents John Miles and Robbie Kowal. We have a small, hardworking staff that embodies the progressive and creative ideals of the Bay Area culture. We work extremely hard on behalf of the clients, artists, and partners who put their trust in our expertise. We do have a lot of fun, but the goal in our office is to make sure all of the little details are handled flawlessly so that our clients, partners and fans can relax and have a good time.
As seriously as we take our commitment to the development of our artists and clients, we are similarly as serious about developing the careers of the people who come through our doors. There are few places in the arts world where one can get such immediate, meaningful, hands-on training in production, marketing, and business development. That emphasis on professional development has enabled us to be a part of the career arcs of industry stalwarts like Megan Jacobs, former talent buyer at the legendary Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles, Jennifer McDowell, creative director at Olivia, Samantha Davis, talent buyer at Mezzanine SF, Casey Philips, founder and director of the Force Agency and production stalwarts like Michele Rodrigues, Molly Foehl, and Caren Reuven.
HUSHconcerts’ beautiful offices on historic Treasure Island have sweeping views of Yerba Buena Island, the Bay Bridge and the City of San Francisco. We welcome inquiries from potential staff, partners, and interns. Resumes should be sent to info AT hushconcerts DOT com
The values we hold close to our hearts reflect those of our incredible Bay Area home:
- Respect for all races, genders, sexual orientation
- Honesty and Privacy in HR
- Environmental Sustainability
- Equal Pay for Gender, Race, etc
- The relentless pursuit of improvement in all knowhow, methodology, and best practices,
- Accountability and transparency from the top to the bottom of our leadership chain
- The client comes first – we will work until they are satisfied
- The community comes first – we are devoted to achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
- A laser focus on the details that lead to success
- Chase perfection, catch excellence
- Chase transcendence and catch catharsis
To apply for employment or internship at HUSHconcerts, please send the following to info AT hushconcerts DOT com
- A current resume – please include all technical skills even if they may not seem relevant
- A cover letter detailing your professional goals
- A statement of your availability – full time / part time / nights / days / days-hours etc
******** CURRENT POSITION OPENING *********
Job: San Francisco Marketing Intern
Job Type: Part Time Contract work – introductory position
Job Area: Marketing / Social Media
Reporting to: HUSHconcerts Marketing Director
Avg. Hours/ Week: 10-15
Pay: Optional School Credit and tickets to amazing events!
- Writing: Strong writing skills a must, especially for social network sites
- IT: Must be familiar and capable with Excel, Word, and Google Docs and forms
- Social Media: Knowledge and work experience on a variety of platforms in including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Experience having driven results on said platforms
- Must be self motivated and able to accomplish goals without direct “over the shoulder” supervision
- Must be excited and interested in taking ownership of your area, your brand and getting others excited about it as well. This needs to come through in your outreach.
- Must have passion for live music culture, outdoor music, the San Francisco arts community. A decent knowledge of dance music helps but is not entirely necessary.
Summary: HUSHconcerts is one of the nation’s most successful boutique music production companies. This California-based, independently owned, and managed 18-year old company has produced and promoted thousands of concerts, festivals, and exhibitions. We are also the nation’s leader in HUSHcasts or “Silent Discos”. We are seeking a marketing intern for our growing San Francisco team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a deep passion and knowledge for music and Bay Area culture. You love talking about music with friends and writing about it online and in social media. You probably have some experience as a social media or marketing intern or professional in some other capacity. At the very least, you are an able writer, have good communications and technical skills and are teachable. This is an ideal “ground floor” job with a respected, growing, boutique company with ample opportunity for growth and professional development. The level of responsibility you will be given and the types of skills you will learn in this short period will far outweigh any typical music industry internship. But you have to WANT it.
- Deliver bodies to the events through various types of marketing and social media outreach
- Build recognition of the HUSHconcerts brand in San Francisco
- Use all resources at disposal, not just the shows themselves.
- Educate a new market about an amazing older company.
To Apply: Send the following to email@example.com
- Short cover statement in the email about your background and why you want to work with us. No need for a formal cover letter.
- Writing samples – All of these are helpful examples: Newsletters, Screenshots of long and short social posts
- Your Social links – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc